Writing the Good Read

Monday, June 18, 2007

In Love with Miranda July

For Mothers' Day, my husband gave me a book.

Please understand that this is the finest gift this girl can get. Oh sure, diamonds are nice and all, but give me pages and I'll be yours forever. Well, only if it's a good book, I guess.

He surprised me by looking about, finding this Web site, thinking, hey, Mj would like this, and ordering it to arrive before Moms' Day.

When I awoke that morning, he handed me Miranda July. Follow the link, damn it. I'll wait. You won't be sorry. If you don't laugh then you're DEAD.

So I spent a goodly (sorry, just spent a weekend in Williamsburg, Va.) amount of the day curled in a papasan chair devouring the book. Oh, and chocolate, because the boy bought me a Whitman's sampler. It was a DIVINE Mothers' Day.

Love the book. Love the husband. Love the kids. Sigh.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

it is so funny that i found your blog today as i just posted about miranda and this book and her site! i am loving the book so far and am so inspired by her! glad to meet another fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home