Writing the Good Read

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dispatches from the Desk

I finished reading Anderson Cooper's book, Dispatches from the Edge. I found it a little weird. It was good, and interesting, but it had some holes, I thought. As a journalist, I like Cooper. I admire his daring and find his reporting from war zones thorough and in-depth. He seems to live his whole life as a journalist, though.

While the book shares much of his life with his mother (Gloria Vanderbilt) and the impact his father's death and his brother suicide had on his life, there's not much insight into his life, outside of the journalism, now.

If you have an interest in reading about Cooper's coverage of Hurricane Katrina or any of the world travels and war reporting he's done, pick it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home